In 2002, the market for tourist services in Yucatan was concentrated in some operators that emphasized iconic products of archaeological type, nationally known, such as Chichén Itza or the Puuc Route.
"We felt that we needed to risk change, that there were stories that were not being told, that it was the national or international operators who defined products – from their unique and understandably biased external perception – and that there was no will to change this in the places where we worked at that time." Lucelly Ucán, CEO of MH company.
Then, a small group of freelancers decide to make their way on their own, determined to occupy the free space in the sector: a tourism services company more sensitive to the expectations of quality that they already demanded from the destination; seeking to have its own transport fleet, newer, safer and above all legal; with an understanding human team about their role in serving. Thus, began mayan heritage s. A. De c. V. In 2006.
After the first two years of adjustments and definitions on the future of the company, the following years have been invested in key actions to grow:
• In 2008 we already complied with the quality certifications indicated by the authorities.
• In 2010, after facing the influenza crisis that stopped the sector for several months, we began the development of custom software to make our operation efficient and facilitate growth.
• In 2012 we redefined our communication and adjusted our commercial proposal, announced with an aggressive rebranding to change our positioning in the perception of audiences. Our brand won awards in Mexico
for the best of mexican design.
• In 2014 we already had an exclusive operation unit for events with a tourist focus and we were already active members of the business bodies recognized by the authorities to socialize and define tourism public policies.
• In 2016 we had good results with acceleration projects. We surrounded ourselves with specialized consulting with an emphasis on innovation and product development. We won the Heel Award for community achievement in knowledge and ideas.
• In 2018, our infrastructure had multiplied by 6 compared to 2010. to support our commitments with national and international operators, with whom we already operated more than 55,000 passengers per year in all our services.
• In 2020, amid the severe effects that the COVID-19 pandemic brought to the tourism sector, we undertook actions to preserve our talented human resources to the maximum, reducing our size and diversifying activities. We opened a unit specialized
in sanitization and cleaning with medical grade equipment and supplies, to meet our operating needs and those of our allies in the sector.
• in 2022, the rebirth of tourism, we rethink our operation and our communication without losing our essence: we present new tools to dialogue with our customers and allies completely digital and announce our new way of organizing ourselves with a new brand architecture. We are now MH Company!
Unforgettable experiences! what we love to do! our core mottos. As a team, as an organization, we agree with our leader at the hardest moment of the COVID-19 crisis:
"And what are we going to do? From where there is no longer, we have to get the best and rebuild ourselves, be understanding-, be more austere and responsible than ever; learn to switch to these new speeds to follow. I don't know about you, but I don't know how to do anything else, nor do i want to, nor do i feel doing anything else. My life is our origin, the stories we tell the world about us, is tourism; and when all this is over, because this is going to end one day! Here we are going to be doing what we love to do, doing tourism." Lucelly Ucán.